Pondering Minstrel

Friday, November 26, 2004

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - FROM THE COLONIES

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. For those from the land that resents Thanksgiving, have some turkey and celebrate anyway! Your currency is kicking our ass.

My husband and I have been recuperating from yesterday, pretty much all day. This is what my "holiday" looked like.

Thanksgiving Day

  • Get up at 9 AM.
  • Send hubby to store.
  • Yard work and clean house until about 4 PM.
  • Start cooking (even though did some cooking previous evening)
  • Cook until 8 PM
  • Menu
    Turkey
    Ham
    Stuffing (Stove Top)
    Homemade cranberry jelly (made with fresh cranberries)
    Real mashed potatoes (ie not out of a box)
    Green bean casserole with homemade cream of mushroom soup (none of that canned crap, green beans or soup)
    Rice
    Homemade cornbread (with cornmeal with germ, not out of a box)
    Bealieau Vineyard Cabernet
    and... kimchee (not my choice).
    My brother's girlfriend also made a delicious pumpkin cheesecake. Ahhh... it was so creamy and smooth. I have to get the recipe.

It turns out my brother had been playing online (no money betting) Texas Holdem Poker all day while his girlfriend Karaoke'd on their PS2 Eye Toy. He says he's in first place and wants to try to get into the World Series of Poker. I wish him the best, but I hope he doesn't lose his shirt. His girlfriend thinks it's just a phase. We'll see.

I woke up this morning oh so late. It was almost not morning. I had a sore back and feet and a mess in the kitchen. We've been working "around" the mess. I watched a little TV, played a little Age of Empires and tried calling a friend of mine to see how she's doing, but I had to leave a message. I also tried taking some photos for a project, but they all turned out looking like doggy doo. If I were shooting doggy doo, that wouldn't be a problem.

I'm actually a little concerned about my friend. She was supposed to be getting married tomorrow, but her fiancee was killed in a car crash on Labor Day weekend. She seems to be doing much better now, but I want to make sure she's okay. I hope she calls back.