Pondering Minstrel

Saturday, November 06, 2004

BLOGROLL ME! NANOWRIMO AND MORE

Holy cripes. I'm spending way too much time "working" on my blog. Everyone was talking about blogrolling. Being a blog newbie, I thought they were talking about the "roll" of blogs they had blogmarked at BlogExplosion.

Then I started running across blogs that had this Blogroll Me! link on the side bar and numerous links to other sites. Having discovered the meaning of blogrolling, I signed up, and now you can Blogroll Me!

Speaking of BlogExplosion, I am spending way, way too much time surfing sites. Staying up until 2 AM reading other people's blogs, getting ideas for my blog, adding "stuff" to my blog doesn't seem healthy. I have to stop. Especially since I signed up for NaNoWriMo.

My sign-up actually occurred before I joined BE, but it seems that everyone on BE has joined, and they keep reminding me that I have to start writing! Putting off procrastination, I started writing last night. So far, I have 28 words. Woohoo! Only 49,972 words to go!

God help me.

And of course, I joined a couple of photo memes, as you can probably tell. That shouldn't take a whole lot of time, but all my pics on Blogger are grainer and fuzzier than they are on my computer, regardless of where the picture is hosted. Maybe the sites are compressing my images. I don't really want to start a separate photoblog, and I don't really have the time to investigate other services, so I guess I'm stuck for the moment. I would appreciate any ideas!