Pondering Minstrel

Monday, December 06, 2004

Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog... blog, blog, blog, blog, blog, blog

I always feel like there is so much to blog about but so little time. I've got a million and one thoughts racing through my tiny head, and I have to get them out before they start eating me alive. I used to unload on friends and family, but with so much inner turmoil and contemplation, I didn't want to impose any longer, which is why I started a blog.

Is the remedy worse than the disease? Now that I've started, I can't stop. Blogging has not only created a writing addiction, but I'm obsessed with reading and I can't stop thinking. I'm constantly reading blogs, books, websites, etc. Sometimes, I feel like I'm going to explode. My friend said I'm on information overload, and I need to step away from the computer, but I said, what about the bookstore? Do I move away from bookstores and newspaper racks? Huh? Answer me?! What then?

Then there are responsibilities. They're imaginary responsibilities, but responsibilities nonetheless. I have to visit all my friend blogs and comment. If I don't do that, I feel I've left them out in the cold without my love for a day. How can they possibly go on? And what about the people that read my blog for 30 seconds? What are they going to think if I have the same post up for more than 24 hours? "What a lazy sack of shit this blogger is," is what they'll think, that's what.

Aaaahhh! *ping* (That was the sound of my brain exploding.)