Pondering Minstrel

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Virgin Blogger (No relation to Virgin Mary)

This is my first blog... ever. I was consuming my friends' time and (I believe) patience with all the thoughts, sometimes random, crowding my tiny brain. I'd never even kept a diary before, so we'll see how this goes.

I will not exclusively discuss one subject. In fact, I like discussing many different subjects. (ADD? I prefer not to think so.) However, much of my free time, lately, has been spent reading political and religious books. I often contemplate my spirituality, my religious beliefs and my value system, and in so doing, it leads me to research some of the origins of my beliefs, both within and without, in an attempt to understand myself and learn more about the institutions that have, it seems inextricably, become part of my life. I know there are probably those that will think my ceaseless questioning is fruitless, but I do not think that anything is lost in educating yourself. More is lost in shuttering your mind and soul.